Moves that hit multiple times have some special effects.
- If the target has a Substitute up, 1 Damage will be absorbed by the Substitute and break it. Any additional damage will then be inflicted on the user.
- If the target has abilities that activate on contact, such as Iron Barbs or Static, those effects will be applied/rolled for each hit. Rocky Helmet will roll for damage on each hit, as well.
- If the first strike activates the target's Focus Sash, Focus Band, or Sturdy, the second one will cause the defending Pokémon to faint. A Focus Band can still activate again to prevent fainting, but this chance is independent of the previous one.
- If the user is holding a King's Rock or Razor Fang, each consecutive hit has an equal chance to cause the opponent to flinch.
- If the target has Weak Armor or Stamina, each strike will activate it.